I’m currently watching requiem for a dream. I’ve been told it’s really messed up and the ending is horrible and such. I’m only about 30 minutes into it but there’s a scene where the mom is trying to loose weight so she goes on a grapefruit diet. She is so hungry she has delusions of hamburgers, perogies and eventually a cupcake rolls by on her ceiling. I’ve never had those types of delusions but it goes along with deprivation and how it can mess you up. Now that I'm done watching the entire movie I have to say that there are many MANY other things wrong and disturbing with the movie.
I know you’re all going to be shocked but I’m switching things up yet again. The pop block didn’t really work out. I tried but I found when I did eat out I was sucking back way too many calories with the iced tea. I’m going to limit it to one can a day. If it happens to be pure coke (a cola) so be it but I’ll head back to the diet stuff for a while. Maybe go grab some Kirkland diet. Not too bad stuff at a decent price.
I’m going to be attempting to take a boxing class on Monday at the athletic club. I miss the punching things to music but have to find a way that doesn't involve kicking. I’m afraid of walking in to a clique feeling class where everyone knows each other and they look at the new girl with a slightly evil eye. I’m sure it’ll be fine but that little piece of me is a little hesitant. I know - strange eh?
I’m about to make a meal plan for the week for the first time in about a month. I’d been winging it for a while but I want to make sure my grocery shopping is productive and cost effective. No more impulse meal purchases and letting the veggies go to waste. I still have a bunch of frozen things kicking around but over all the freezer feels more spacious for me to now shove things into when I make my large batch cooking.
Okay so I don’t know if you’re counting (because I stopped) but here we go again! My commitment to fitness is rejuvenated! RAH! RAH! RAH! Me! Me! Me! Goooooooo CAT!
There are days when I seriously miss puching and kicking things with you...
ReplyDeleteAnd I have visually hallucinated too, but it was from stress, not dieting, and there were no cupcakes involved. Damn you, now I want a cupcake.