Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ice, ice baby

There were a few events that occurred just over a week ago that have sent me into a bit of an injury spiral. I did a few things I hadn’t done in a while (up and down stairs a bunch of times, standing for five hours straight, seeing a trainer) and in response my knee has become very angry with me. My physiotherapist said I’ve strained my IT band and have a flare up of bursitis on my left knee cap. Neither of these are horribly painful but they hurt enough to make me limp a bit today. I’m going back to see her on Wednesday but it’s probably going to be more of the strip the muscle, ultrasound the bursitis and TENS for the muscle and knee cap for 10 min. I love the TENS machine since you can make your leg / feet twitch if you turn it up high enough (which I do because I’m allowed to control the dials myself heh heh).

Anywho. My baby (Higgins, not Neil) has been sick for a few days so I’ve been a little out of sorts. I was able to get on the elliptical Sunday morning but by Monday I was swollen again and in too much pain to do it again. Last night I slept on the couch to make sure Higgins didn’t have any issues in the middle of the night with the meds they gave him. I woke up and spent most of my time sitting on the kitchen floor coaxing him to eat. I’m hoping he’ll feel better tomorrow and I can get the swelling down enough to hit the machine for 30 min or so.

My eating hasn’t been horrible since my appetite has been reduced with the Higgins stressing but when I do eat it’s not always the most healthy choices. I did write a meal plan but I think I have to do it again with a more healthy twist. I don’t enjoy eating nothing but salad but I think it (and veggies) need to be more of a priority on the plan. I was actually able to hold back on purchasing clip in hair extensions because I want it to be a reward and motivation. There are some ridiculous sales on right not because of the ABA (a trade show for hair dressers) and I could have picked up some 14” blond with lowlight extensions for under $100, which for human hair is a great price!

I’m going to try to keep my eating in check for the rest of the week. Next week my knee will hopefully be less swollen so I can get back into training form.

No comments:

Post a Comment