So I ventured out on Saturday despite what was probably the worst traffic day of the year so far to see what the IPN nutrition plan was all about. The problem with the program is that it’s not a one on one meeting with a nutritionist so I can’t claim it under Neil’s benefit plan. However, the plan is designed by a nutritionist at their head office based on the foods I choose (ie I won’t be forced to eat tuna yuck). I went in, got the low down on the program, took a look at some of the menu items they offered and decided to go for it. They give you a few months worth of meal plans at a time, broken down day by day with what you have to eat for all your meals and include recipes for each item. At the beginning of each week they tell you what your grocery shop needs to include. There will be weekly weigh ins and measurements and updating of the menu from time to time. That’s it - no pill pushing, no add-ons just meal planning advice and weekly monitoring. Let’s just hope that this is the last push I needed to get my eating in order. The woman (who is the owner) said she was going to put a rush on my plan and have it in for Thursday so I could pick it up Friday and then start on Sunday. We’ll make a plan to get my initial weigh in and measurements. When that happens I’ll post what’s going on and we’ll know my new start weight (third time is a charm right?).
Of course, I did just finish off a day where I had basically snacks all day with the exception of a quesadilla at tony roma’s for lunch. I did have home made apple crisp for dinner. I could totally justify how that’s not the worst thing I could have eaten but I’m not even going to try. I *did* get down onto my elliptical today though. 46 min at a decent heart rate, trying to keep my knee from swelling up again. I iced it briefly after to force it to keep it from growing which seemed to work. I’m looking forward to having physio tomorrow to get it stretched and then hopefully get an ultra sound treatment. Two chrio sessions have been scheduled for next week as well as finally getting my massage on Saturday. Ah, hopefully I’ll be in a reduced pain bliss.
So here’s my plan for the week. Cardio four times and 1.5 hours with my trainer. Now that easter is for the most part over I can be much better with my candy / chocolate intake. I hope it won’t be as accessible around the office and in the house. I’ve made the meal plan for the week and I have a bunch of veggies to much on for snacks. I hope you all had a great long weekend and stay tuned for updates.
No comments:
Post a Comment