I saw my trainer once this week and she kicked my behind. Well, maybe not so much my behind but my arms and abs. I had to reschedule the appointment yesterday because Neil’s parents were coming into town earlier than expected. I’ve had clients on and off over the past few days and have a few more to tend to today. Yes, it’s a holiday but Neil is working so I figured I’d use the time to take care of some clients, especially since I can’t really go shopping today. I *could* go to the gym but really, who are we kidding. If my legs are doing okay after my clients today I might do some time on the elliptical. I’ve been really swollen which doesn’t help my desire to exercise.
I’m going to see an nutritionist tomorrow (Saturday) to see what they have to offer. If they say they can build meal plans based on food I like to eat then I’ll consider it. A few years ago I saw a nutritionist which started out well enough. It made sense but it turned into sessions of “You don’t need to shower every day, you just need to brush off your dead skin cells with a rough brush” and “Here’s a tongue scraper” which I don’t even remember what that was supposed to be for. I’m not saying these things aren’t great ideas for some people but I signed on for a nutrition program and counseling and most of the things brought up in the later sessions weren’t in alignment of my needs.
I’ve also been weighing myself all week. I couldn’t help myself. I’ve been fluctuating all over the place so I’m going to leave my weight as is for now. I’m not so sure my next round of measurements will have any positive movement.
I hopefully will have something positive to report after the trip to the nutritionist. I’m lazy so it’s going to have to be a damn good program to make me jump on it. I know how I should eat, I know what to eat to lose weight but what I want is someone to lay out for me a meal plan, a grocery list and an idea of when to eat what to maximize the way my body burns calories.
Have a great easter weekend and try to enjoy the spoils the bunny leaves behind!
No comments:
Post a Comment