Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another day another cola

I went for a walk today to the coffee cart where there is endless levels of temptation. Today’s temptation was coke. I started craving it around noon but thought I could make it. We started walking down there and I shared this craving with my friend Jennifer. She asked me if I wanted her to talk me out of it or if she should let me have it. I thought about it and realized that when someone points out that it’s bad or that I shouldn’t have it, I want it more so I said let me make the decision on my own.

I arrived at our destination and stood there, arms crossed, looking at the cooler case. The beautiful red cans all lined up. Chilled to perfection. Slight glisten on the can. I walk closer and eye up the other options. Vitamin water, over priced. V-8, too gritty. Hmmm… milk might help fill me up. Chocolate or skim. Skim it is! Victory!

It’s a small victory over the mess up with the bulk barn on Wednesday. I had no intention of picking up candy when I was there it just sort of happened. At least I didn’t get a pair of big cups from Dollarama. Small victories are all I have right now. Another minor victory (sort of ) is that when I was weighed during my physical this morning I was 235. I'll weigh in tomorrow of Saturday to see what my scale says.

Another note is my measurements have been moved to Monday at five. Expect updated weight and measurements then! I’m sure I’ll have another story to share tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment