I thought I was in the clear. It’d been a few months since I’d had an incredibly painful tear in my cornea but it happened again. It started last night feeling like I had a little something in my eye but then as I made my way into the start of my work day the pain just got worse, as did the headache from trying to focus on the screen through a blinky, blurry eye. Another trip to the eye doctor to have another doc in the clinic to confirm that it’s map dot dystrophy and that there’s nothing they can do. I received another recommendation for an overnight lube to keep my eyelid from sticking to my eyeball and ripping off the previously healed portions of my cornea. Hopefully that will have an effect on things and I won’t have any more of these “episodes”. Really, there are much, much worse things that could happen to me so I’m done whining about it.
I am proud of myself for once again beating the cola bug. I was on the way out of work, knowing I’d have to wait at least a half hour so I thought I’d grab something from the cart to top me up until I could get some lunch into me. I literally had my hand on the bottle of coke then a little voice inside said to put it back. I brought my water bottle and my carrots in with me to the eye doc. I thought of making some bugs bunny joke a la “What’s up doc” as well as the whole good eye sight / carrot comment but I held back.
As for the rest of my day, I grabbed Wendy’s on the way home from picking up my eye lube from shoppers (where I picked up some peanut butter cups) and made my way home to wallow with my junky food. For dinner I whipped up some quick quesadillas with my brand spankin’ new Hamilton Beach Panini grill I got from Dempsters for buying bread. Mind you it was a lot of bread (those of you who read hyperbole and a half will now be thinking of an “alot” made out of loaves of bread) but I just had to pay for shipping which was around $20. The rest of the day was spent putting eye drops in and listening to the tv so I didn’t want to stress too much about the eating and I definitely wasn’t about to exercise.
Tomorrow is the first time back at physio in about a month. I can’t say I’m looking forward to it except that they put those little electric things on my knees which I get to turn the knobs up until my knee twitches. Fun fun! I've been weighing myself and it's been all over the place. Hopefully I'll be able to post a common weight (loss) soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment