Sunday, March 27, 2011

Do over?

Just one more restart. I make no promises though :oP I’m up to 240 again and it’s been maintained for a few days so I thought I should post it up. I have measurements on Wednesday so we’ll see if anything happened there.

I saw my naturopath on Friday and was very happy with what she said. The first words weren’t regarding a wheat or gluten. It was actually concern regarding my thyroid. It does run in my family so I’m checked every few years by my doctor. When my family doc was on vacation I saw another doctor in the clinic (not for a thyroid problem) but when she looked at me she questioned my thyroid because I “have a thick neck”. It caught me a bit off guard but I was checked once again and no problems. I’m going to give her solution a go which is a supplement to take twice a day with meals. Hopefully it will be the missing link in my little battle. I also had acupuncture for the first time. I’m surprised the pain relief I received in my knees with just one treatment. They’re still sore but not nearly as bad as they were that morning.

I drove in from Windsor directly to the gym this morning. Did some weights and 5 min on the rower. I got bored VERY quickly on the rower so I came home to do 45 min on my elliptical. Great start to my day until the headache slowly crept back in. I had a few foods that were less than great for me but they’re not the worst things I’ve ever consumed - ultra thin crust pizza, egg mcmuffin - no cheese, a snack bag of Doritos… nothing horrible but not the best.

I was chatting with my friend Tina on Friday about some tools to help track intake / burn of calories. I did a little searching yesterday and my android had a few cool ones (and one that was free)! It’s called myfitnesspal and the coolest thing (in my opinion) is that it allows you to input custom food using the bar code scanner. So much less time of typing in the details of the product / serving sizes etc. The calorie burns are not going to be as accurate as wearing a body monitor but can give you a good approximation of what you burned doing activities. I’m looking forward to playing with it and seeing what comes of it.

I've been fighting a wicked headache (borderline migraine) on and off since last night so I’m probably heading off to bed at a ridiculously early hour today. Have a great Monday and hopefully I'll get a positive post in tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I've been using My Fitness Pal since January, when I quit WW. The new plan was just not interesting to me. "Myfitnesspal" is amazing, free, and has tons and tons of Canadian foods. I use it on my iPod Touch -even the offline version has most of the foods I look for. I'm down 32lbs -keeping a diary has definitely played a big part in that.

    I highly recommend the program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just downloaded it myself having read about it on your blog and it was a little startling once I started putting in my day's food. I think it will be good for holding myself accountable for what I'm eating. Thanks for the suggestion Cath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Jessica! I love scanning my food but I'm a nerd like that. Honora - good luck! I make sure I put the bad stuff in too so you see what's going on / makes you feel like you have to work out a bit harder.

    ReplyDelete