I originally tired sushi about eight years ago. I’m usually a person that if I try something I finish it, even if it tastes or feels funny. I had a California roll and I don’t know exactly what it was but it made me gag a bit and I actually had to spit it out into my napkin. I’ve been very sushi-shy since then. When my lunch ladies go for sushi so I tag along but find some sort of substitution (bento boxes are great, especially when you can switch out the rolls for extra dumplings).
On Friday we went to Gozen and I decided to finally give those little rolls a do-over. After hearing the rave reviews of the yam rolls I decided to try them, along with an order of dumplings just in case I had the same issue as last time. I am pleased to say I LOVED them! Tempura yams served slightly warm inside rice and I’m assuming seaweed. I might branch out and try a few kinds in the future but for now I’m just proud I’m going to be able to be a big girl when we go for sushi from now on!
I had an incredible weekend filled with wine, cupcakes and fast food. The fast food kicked me in the stomach Friday night so I’m thinking it’s the last time I’ll have chicken mcnuggets for a while UGH. I had an iced tea with my combo and I still haven’t had any pop since I started this blog so that’s one big “check” on the things I actually was successful at.
This week is going to be a good one - I can feel it! I have a few great meals planned but the key is going to be restraint. I’m going to try to go back to the original plan of six days on, one off. I’ve thought of a few tactics I could try but until I see my naturopath in two weeks I’m going to do my best to just exercise a bit more and stay away from anything that could lead me to eating an excessive amount of it.
Tune in Monday night to see how I did at my measurements. I think I’ll weigh in tomorrow morning and face the consequences of my recent food bender and will post it to share. I’m not going to get anywhere if I start lying to you guys so I hope I’m not going to have too much of a gain so I won’t feel ashamed to post it.
Congrats on the pop-free-ness and the graduation to big girl sushi status!
ReplyDelete