Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Measuring up

I’ve got my second measurements tonight. It’s been two weeks and as you know I’ve been less than perfect. My hope is that I’ve gone down a few, even portions of inches here and there so I don’t look like a total goof off to my former trainer.

My elliptical arrived on Monday around 2pm. I zipped home from work to meet them and then zipped back after they were done installing it. After running an errand I got home to a hungry Neil. I wasn’t all that hungry but didn’t want poor Neil to starve so I cooked dinner, went downstairs for a half hour cardio session then came back up to eat my dinner. It’s a great feeling to have done a workout and the best part is I didn’t have to wear gym clothes to do it. Sports bra and capri pants was all I needed so it was nice not to overheat or have that annoying pull of my t-shirt collar. Sweet, sweet freedom.

I hopped on Tuesday morning for another go at it but to my dismay a squeak had developed somewhere mysteriously over night. I tried to make it quiet by holding the arms while they moved which dampened it but I don’t like doing it the entire time. I pushed through much to the annoyance of both my cat and Neil (who said he could hear it up in bed - squeak woosh squeak woosh) but figured I would inspect later to find the source. I ended up working OT up until Michelle’s Tupperware party which went later than I had thought (it was my first time tee hee). So there really wasn’t time or really energy, to go to the depot and pick up some WD-40. I thought I’d take today off but Neil said he’d be able to stand it since it’s important to me (awwww). So on I ellipted this morning, thankfully with less squeaking and to another 35 min cardio session.

Eating has been okay but there have been a few slips here and there, no biggie. The thing that I’m still proud of is that I haven’t had any pop since I’ve started this blog. It’s not super hard anymore but it’s more that when I do eat out I get either water, which is not worth the money to get a bottle at the fast food places or iced tea, which is high in calories. Oh well - I’ll figure something out I’m sure.

For now - I’m off to work where another day of powerpoints and flash animations await me! I’ll post measurements very late tonight so check in to see if anything has shifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment