I said I wouldn’t adjust my weight until it’s been maintaining itself for a few days. So I had to add that extra pound. Since Sunday I’ve been steady back at 236 so I thought I’d better update it. A good thing happened today though - I went to the gym at lunch and burned a bunch of steam and calories off. I wasn’t really mad at anything but I just feel SO GOOD after a hard, fast burn that you almost feel like you were mad before you started. I also managed to go into my favourite cupcake store and only buy ONE cupcake for Neil for his birthday. That took some serious will power.
Even though its getting chilly again, since we had that last thaw I’ve been looking forward to hitting the beautiful pathways for some serious rollerblading. Being outdoors is so invigorating and energizing! Even being able to head out for a walk after dinner is better in the spring when the sun stays out for just that little bit longer.
I’m also trying to come up with a plan for morning workouts since for some reason I wake up without an alarm between 6:00 and 6:30 every morning. I’ve always worked out better in the morning but the problem is the cost of driving in to work early can get quite steep. I’m looking into buying a spot soon so I can have a regular routine without having to catch a bus or wait for a ride. It just seems like such a waste of money but when you add it up it’s not that much more than if I bought a bus pass and it’s just more convenient to have my car near work.
I was *this* close to buying an elliptical at Costco the other day. If I had something larger in the vehicle department it probably would have made it’s way home with me. I’d love to be able to get that first thing in the morning work out in without having to lug a gym around with me. When I go to the gym, I go to exercise. I don’t go for the social aspect, I don’t really enjoy classes so I’m not sure why I haven’t invested in a large piece of cardio equipment for the home. I discussed this with Neil today and he said for the teeny tiny little fee we pay at work for our memberships, if I bought a really good quality elliptical at home it’d take 16 years of membership dues to spend the same amount of money. I hate it when he makes a good point about things like that.
I’m hoping to get to the gym tomorrow night after my client leaves and then to get there Saturday and Sunday for some cardio at minimum, hopefully with some weights. I’d like to see some movement on the tape measurements on Wednesday and that’s going to take some work. Luckily the only obstacles I have are lunch out Friday, dinner out Saturday and movies on Sunday. Hmm… I have to start socializing in less calorie intensive places.
No comments:
Post a Comment