Mission accomplished! I paid a visit to the treadmill factory yesterday after seeing what deals they had online. I noticed they had a similar model to what they were selling at crappy tire but was unsure about because the stride was different than most gym machines I’ve been on. The man I was talking to said that the stride is best for people with joint issues. I apparently might not get as much of a muscle specific workout but it’ll be great for my cardio with less strain on my old lady joints.
We were discussing the difference between models, price, quality etc. and he was most kind and patient with me. We were going to check what kind of inventory he had on each of the two models I was going back and forth about then noted that one model he didn’t have any of but the floor model was exactly the same, just the “58” instead of the “59”. All they did was change the model number when the started making this year’s model (the 59). He said something along the lines of “Since I don’t have any of these I can sell you this one for <pause> six <pause> 599 (it was 699) and I’ll throw in free delivery.” Hellz ya I’ll be on that! I got a free mat for underneath to protect my floor and a free heart monitor. Not a bad deal plus they actually do service themselves for a year after you purchase, compared to some of the other places which once you buy it, you’ve got to contact the manufacturer. There’s even a big sign on the one at crappy tire that said “DO NOT RETURN THIS TO THE STORE”. That makes me feel a bit sketchy…
So instead of assembling a large piece of machinery Neil and I went out for dinner and are probably much happier at this moment than if we had just spent the past three hours figuring out where part 24-a goes. Tony Roma’s was as tasty as ever and will hopefully be just as tasty tomorrow for lunch. Technically eating goes back to the basics tomorrow but I couldn’t just toss out half my dinner so I’m making a minute exception for this meal.
So here we go. New week, fresh start. Shopping completed, meal plan laid out, will power intact. Ludicrous speed - go!
No comments:
Post a Comment