Saturday, March 5, 2011

Testing the walkers.

So, I’m getting an elliptical. I was awake, without an alarm, at 5:45am. I got up and thought “Hey, I should go to the gym” but then looked out at the dreary, misty morning and thought “NAH, maybe tomorrow”.

I did some math and I’m going to get a cheaper one for now and one day when we get a new house that has more room I’ll get a snazzy one with the bells and whistles. Neil’s not fighting me on it which I guess means it’s not a horrible idea. We went to crappy tire to check into the ones that are on sale and I’m torn between two models. One is cheaper but has a bit more bounce. The other one is less bouncy but I’m not sure if that’s a bad thing or not. Since I’m not buying it until Sunday when my lovely friend Courtney is going to help me haul it in her mini van I have lots of time to ponder what to do.

On the way home from the store we stopped into Costco to take a peek at the model on sale there. Neil and I had to pry it out from under the skid rack so I could try it out. By far it’s the most comfortable one for me to use and it has more options than some of the other ones. I was getting excited for it until I got home and started searching for reviews. It’s one of those mystery models that was only produced for specific stores and the reviews I did read weren’t that satisfactory so that quickly disappeared from my list.

I started to work up a sweat in all these stores going back and forth from all the machines but it was probably more because I was wearing a sweater and a coat and my winter boots.

Not that I want to rush into this but I’ve been researching / desiring an elliptical at home since at least November. Impulsive is generally how I role so I’m trying to be good this time and get the best value for my money. Impulsive was how I ended up eating Harvey’s for dinner with a cheeseburger, onion rings and a chocolate milkshake and dying my hair a new colour. Yeah - I’m sure you’re all shocked.

3 comments:

  1. An elliptical would be a great idea! I'd love it if I had some of my own gym equipment at home - where I could wake up and go for a run on my treadmill during the winter months.

    It'll definately be a good investmant for you and make everything alot easier :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What colour did you dye your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink on top, dark purple around my hairline. For now.

    ReplyDelete