To say I’ve slipped would be an understatement. Yesterday… I had a coke <GASP>! I only had half a can but damn did it taste amazing. I told Peter that I wasn’t drinking pop and I hadn’t had one in about six weeks. He wanted to “trade” me for some jelly bunnies that I keep in my chicken dish. He just left it behind. I lasted a whole two hours until <pshhht> gulp gulp gulp AHHHH! I don’t regret it but I just have to attempt to hold out another month or so and see how much longer I can go.
I felt great today though. I brought my protein shake to work and drank it slowly as opposed to my usual running out the door gulp it down before you go way of taking it in. That helped me feel more full longer, which was a good thing because my update meeting went about 40 min later than it should have. Thankfully Laura took my order before they left and voila! Lunch ready for me when I walked in the door! Yummy yam rolls and dumplings. I’m sure not the healthiest lunch but it’s much better than the fast food I’ve been eating lately. I actually felt full until about 4pm so I had a snack bar to top me up. I held me over for a good bit of time but I was starving around 7pm when our wings finally made their way to our table. I had boneless ones at Kelsey’s but really, they were more like buffalo chicken nuggets. Tasty coatings though and a decent price.
I had my physio last night and it went well except for making me realize I’m not as strong as I used to be in my legs since my scope. However, I did get to play with the electro-stim thing that makes my knee twitch if I turn it up high enough. I’m going to take it up a notch next week with the lower leg weights to make physio more about increasing balance and mobility as opposed to strength training. I can pump <clap> me up! (that’s an old school SNL reference so I don’t expect all of you to get it).
I have another confession to make. I had my first deep fried mars bar tonight. It will also be my last. It really wasn’t anything to write home about. It hurt my teeth so it didn’t really make it worth ingesting the multiple hundred calorie dessert.
Lesson learned, now to move on. Tomorrow is naturopath day as well as my first acupuncture treatment! I’m really excited to see her and see what she suggests. Who knows - I might be on a cleanse as of Saturday morning. I’m open to almost anything she might suggest. I’ll fill you in tomorrow night.
No comments:
Post a Comment