I said I wouldn’t change my weight until it’s maintained for a few days. I count two as a few so I’m happy to say that Monday’s weight was just a temporary reflection of the gluttonous weekend I had, and was probably mostly water retention from the tasty, tasty salty goods I consumed.
I was thinking to myself the other day “I really need to stop eating junk food”. I pictured the commercials going around for a bank or something where a person says “I want to stop paying chequing fees” and someone turns to her and says “If you want to stop paying chequing fees, stop paying chequing fees”. If only it was that easy but really, it isn’t that hard. I’ve started making sure I have enough snacks to get through the work day and today I even brought them with me to the coffee cart to deter my purchasing a little treat. There still are days where I stare at the bottles of Coke and desire that “Ahhhh” feeling I get after that first gulp.
The past few days have been great. I’ve exercised either when I got home from work or first thing in the morning - I even did a few ab exercises while watching Wipeout. Eating has been good with the exception of last night when I had a nice visit with my friend Sabrina. I have an issue with places that charge extra for salad so I got fries with my chicken fingers. They were super tasty, even though the service was crap.
I’m still struggling with establishing rewards. It’s probably because I feel that I’m so far from my first goal. I think goal number one is going to be hair based. It’s either going to be that I’m going to get the extensions I’ve been debating about for over for a year or I’m going to get a completely different, fun hair cut. I’ve been going nuts about my hair, trying to find something that doesn’t find me annoyed or bored within three weeks.
Ah well. I’ll figure something out for sure and let you know. Maybe when I establish them I’ll have an easier time saying no to certain things so I’ll be able to get something I really want.
Congrats Cat! I just came across your blog from your Facebook. I'm glad to hear you're going after this goal. I'm sure writing some of the posts is uncomfortable now but I think you'll really like seeing your ups and downs at the end of it. Plus I have much belief that you'll succeed!
ReplyDelete(P.S. That bank commercial is an ING commercial! Work follows me everywhere now. On the upside, our chequing account is really awesome).