Maybe not pumpkin but spaghetti squash but that wasn’t the cheat. While I was waiting for my squash to cook I just wanted a taste of something a little sweet. I remembered that I hadn’t eaten all of my candies from the weekend and thought I’d have a few just to tide me over. A cup of tasty treats later I realized I’m not as in control as I thought. I tossed what was left - hopefully I won’t have a moment of weakness and eat my remaining Krispy Kreme donuts later.
I had a great conversation with my friend Mel this morning about my journey. We discussed many things but one of them was what is the deep down reason I’m wanting to lose weight. I thought about it and I could have said health, fitness etc but I guess deep down the reason is a bit of vanity. I don’t like having things jiggle when I stop moving. I don’t enjoy the pucker of skin on my upper arms that when I wear tank tops I tuck away so it doesn’t look so horrible. I know how to dress to hide my trouble areas but I don’t want to have to. I don’t want to be typical “skinny” I just want to tone up a bit and be able to buy clothes in a non-plus sized area / specialty store.
I realize that eating sugary treats won’t help that happen but no one is perfect. On the upside I went to the gym and did some lower body weights as well as about 20 minutes of cardio before I had to pack it in to get my ride home from my lovely boyfriend. Back on track again after my little slip. One day at a time.
You are doing AWESOME. Small blip in the radar. You caught it and you're back on track.
ReplyDelete(Next time, bring the candy to ME instead of trashing it. KIDDING. Please don't do this.)
One day at a time is right. And little slip ups are ok. Your awareness is awesome! It will help you in the long run. And I always accept extra candy by mail...
ReplyDelete