Saturday, May 7, 2011

Break-even

I had my weigh in this morning. It turns out I lost 5.5lbs this week. I’m thinking that’s mostly from the adjustment in the drinking of water and reducing a ton of sodium out of my diet. Why no change in my weight on the side bar? Here’s some math for you to figure out. It’s really easy. Let’s say Cat weighs 240 as of this morning. If she is 5.5 lbs smaller than what she was a week ago what would her weight have been a week ago? Yeah, that’s right. Somehow I let myself slip far, far away from the process I had set for myself. I was really disappointed in myself for letting myself get back up there so quickly. I’m hoping to be down to 230 by the first weekend in June. That will put me well on track to meeting and possibly beating my goal by that October deadline.

There will be set backs, it’s all I can do to be honest about it. This weekend coming is my 10 year college reunion so there’ll be a *little* bit of booze involved on Saturday but I’ll try to compensate with eating like a champ for the week. After that, I’m sure there’ll be impromptu patio gatherings at Barneys but I’ll just have to make it work - I’m only human!

I’ve already done my grocery shop for the week and the fridge is PACKED with veggies! The meat of choice this week appears to be beef which is okay in my books. I do have to cook a steak one night but I’ll have to do a bunch of research to figure it out. There are also little roll up lasagna recipe, chicken fajitas and a tomato pasta bake. I’m excited to try all these again. Neil’s parents are going to be coming down on Wendesday for a few days of reno work again so it’s going to be interesting to see how the eating goes while they are here. I’m thinking I’ll just let them do their thing and just see if they’ll make an extra bit for Neil. I’ll just keep on making my recipes.

There you have it - I’m back on track and hopefully I’ll see a 23something instead of a 24something all this week coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment