Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fail steak

It doesn’t happen very often but every once in a while I fail at cooking. Steak has become my nemesis. I always over cook it or it comes out more rare rather than medium rare. I might even stand a medium steak but I have no taste for a well done steak. I guess I should be happy it wasn’t burnt?

So along with my over done steak I had over done asparagus. My timing was off because I came home just long enough to tidy the kitchen and change before heading to see my trainer. When I got home I started cooking but then Big Bang Theory came on so I left the steaks to sit and the asparagus to soften a bit from the water I threw in after sautéing them. They just simmered into mush. The only thing that turned out right was the rice but that’s because my rice cooker doesn’t ever seem to fail. One big fat gold star for the rice cooker today!

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday was that after wings we went to crappy tire to get garbage bags. Not only did we not come out with any garbage bags, but we came out with a 9 piece T-Fal pot set for about $79. It was originally $199 and I have no idea why it’s on sale for such a discount but I’m not going to complain. All of my other pots are dented or stained and scratched so I thought it’s time to get some new toys to cook my delicious meals with *Note I didn’t use them tonight*

I’ve been happy with how the scale has been moving but I’m most happy about the lack of cravings I’ve been having! I can’t say what might happen if I walked into a bulk barn at 2 in the afternoon but as of now I’m completely happy with my snacks of almonds and raisins, my nutrigrain bar and my carrots and celery (and no, I’m not just saying that).

Tomorrow is meaty macaroni. I’m sure that’s not the real name but that’s the gist I got when giving the recipe a quick once-over. I hope you got out to feel the sun shine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment