That was a tasty day from my meal plan. Breakfast I stuck with my standard shake. I find it fills me up a long time as well as gets my flax seed (fiber) as well as my greens (berry flavoured greens+). Lunch was a chicken burger with some of my cucumber, tomato and onion leftovers from last night. A salad, apple, almonds and a nutrigrain bar helped get me through the day outside my meals. I’m not so sure about the nutrigrain bar but I’ll give it a shot for the rest of the box. I might find some sort of substitute snack after they run out. I’ve made my own granola bars before so I might try that to know exactly what goes into each bar.
Dinner was chicken breast marinated overnight in lime juice, olive oil and garlic, pan seared then allowed to rest while swiss cheese melted over it. I roasted red and yellow peppers until they were charred a bit. I then peeled and chopped them and added them to my personal sized blender with green onion, white wine vinegar, olive oil and pepper. It made a great “relish” for the chicken. I’m so happy with it I’ll be using it as a spread tomorrow on my sandwich. About an hour after we got back from the polling station I thought I’d have my late night snack of a ½ cup of chapman’s vanilla frozen yogurt. They make some of the best fro yo I’ve ever had and next time I’m going to treat myself to the dutch chocolate one.
I made it to see my trainer today where we did a total body day. I’ll probably feel my triceps tomorrow and maybe my thighs but we’ll see. We stayed away from the squats and lunges at my physiotherapist’s suggestion. My IT band has been really tight so I’ll be icing that like a mo-fo. As for the Achilles issue, she said as long as I’m not doing any activities that might make my tendon snap again so I shouldn’t worry about the sensation in my tendon. She said to stretch it and ice it if it hurts and report back on Thursday.
Tomorrow, I’m hoping to make the blue cheese stuffed burgers as well as the chocolate mousse for dessert. It takes a long time to make but it’s an interesting recipe. I’ll let you know how it goes before I let you know what’s in it. Don’t worry, it’s not soylent mousse.
No comments:
Post a Comment