Today’s dinner was amazing! I grilled some red peppers to go on top of my burger patties which were stuffed with tasty goodness. Regular lean ground beef shaped into two thin paddies. In between I mixed worcestershire, dijon mustard, garlic powder (instead of real garlic since I didn’t have any), spinach (instead of parsley) and crumbled blue cheese. This was my first time ever eating blue cheese. I’ve never even used blue cheese dressing before! I stuffed some of the filling between the two paddies then pan fried them. I have to say that next time I think I’ll bake them to avoid the charring that I get on my stove since it doesn’t really have any temperature control between kind of warm and something similar to the temperature in hell. I cooked up some quick broccoli and voila - another successful night cooking!
I did have a bit of a problem making the mousse for my dessert. The ingredients are really strange for my knowledge of mousse. Yogurt, chocolate, icing sugar, OJ, ricotta, sour cream and egg whites. One of my co-workers commented on ricotta being used in tiramisu so I guess it’s not too strange to use it in a mousse.
My trouble came mostly in my error reading the instructions. First of all they give the instructions for mousse for one. I decided to make a batch that would serve me for four treats which would really be two for me, one for Neil, so I had to make the conversion for 4 x ¾ tbsp etc on the fly. I also *might* have misread it so that I put all the ingredients in the bowl except for the gelatin. Turns out you needed to keep the egg whites aside and add them after the gelatin once you’ve whisked them to stiff peaks. I whipped everything then added the gelatin. I don’t think it’ll taste that bad but it just might not be as mousse-ish. It still has to sit another half hour until I find out. I might pass out before then so you’ll have to wait until tomorrow to find out how it turned out.
Tomorrow will be my first challenge: wing night. Thankfully it’s at the palasad where they have many different kinds of food, not just bar food. Tune in to see how I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment