Sunday, May 1, 2011

Stuffed!

Well there’s day one done. Really though, who starts a new diet on a Sunday?! I wish they said I should start on Monday - I would have been happier doing that.

Anyway. Breakfast was egg whites and toast. Snack was yogurt and lunch ended up being an old Jenny stuffed sandwich I had in the freezer. That was mostly because I was starving and couldn’t wait for my client to be done processing and blow dried to eat something. I was nibbling on an experimental dessert last night. Since I love the crisp in the apple crisp but I’m not the biggest fan of cooked apples I tried just making the crisp. It’s not quite the same but since it was just sitting around it was too tempting to not nibble.

Dinner was the best part of the day - stuffed chicken breast! I’ve never made these before so I was excited to try something new. I sliced the breast almost in half and opened it up. I put ½ slice of provolone, ½ slice of sliced ham (was supposed to be prosciutto but I had shaved deli ham for another meal) and ¼ cup of spinach. You squish it up and dredge it through flour. You heat butter and oil and sear the breast on each side until it’s brown. You then put it in the oven until it’s cooked through. While that was cooking I chopped up tomato, cucumber and red onion and tossed with balsamic vinegar and a touch of splenda. SO good! I also boiled a few baby carrots but that was not exciting.

I do have to admit I had some popcorn tonight. I didn’t really need to have it but I’m not going to punish myself since I’ve done well today.

I’ve got most of my lunch together for tomorrow and it’s actually much more food than I thought it was going to be. I’ve got my “southwest chicken” marinating in the fridge for tomorrow‘s dinner. I think the biggest part of it is actually the red pepper topping that will be the start of the show but we’ll see how it tastes.

I’m going to see my trainer tomorrow night, come home to vote then hopefully do a bit on the elliptical. My Achilles is feeling a bit strange since I woke up Saturday morning. I’m going to chat with my physiotherapist tomorrow to see what she thinks about it. I’m not really concerned about it but I wanted to ask her if anything seems out of place. I can’t tell if it’s tingling because it’s becoming more numb or if I’m starting to get some feeling back. Ah well, I’ll ice it and see if it’s even a problem tomorrow.

Tune in tomorrow to see how I’m doing at work with the new food!

No comments:

Post a Comment