Monday, May 9, 2011

I bite my thumb at you, junk food!

This morning was great! Got up nice and early to make breakfast and lunch for both Neil and I. I had my usual shake but packed up ham and cheese with spinach and tomatoes with a tomato cucumber salad along with some chopped veggies with some dressing to dip in. Neil got leftover steak with some wraps, provolone and green peppers to put his own cheese steak wraps together. I also packed an apple, some almonds and raisins, a banana and a nutrigrain bar. I was still just about dying when I got home for a snack.

I had trainer at 6 so I grabbed two of my trail mix snack bags from Planters. They’re not the most healthy thing on the planet but I needed something to get me through the session. The plan was to go to home depot to try to pick out paint colours, then head home to make dinner. I was actually still quite full from the trail mix so I just cooked something up quickly for Neil to have. I did still have my little fro yo treat so I had that little bit onset to get me through the night.

The thing I’m most proud of is that I didn’t go to the cart today to get a treat or even a coke zero! I even have the black licorice treats Peter passed on to me so he wouldn’t eat them in my top drawer. They’ll probably have to be moved elsewhere so I won’t think of them. They were almost jumping out of the drawer every time I went for a paper clip or stapler, begging me to eat them!

When junk food was just within my grasp I used to be all over hoovering them. Now, I’m trying to really think about what I’m putting in my body. Not just think “Hey, I know these are bad for me but I’ve been really good and lost a few pounds so I can” but think “Hey, these are bad for me. They don’t really taste that great, maybe you should have a banana instead”. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment