Sunday, May 15, 2011

Shaken, and stirred

Well, Saturday went SO well for both my eating and the reunion! I ate well right up until dinner time. I had the fajita with the intention on just eating the fajita with tomato and lettuce to keep the heavier carbs at bay but I couldn’t help it. Having that little tub with the hot, moist wraps in front of me was just torture so I gave in. They’re small and thin so I think it worked out. Now, I know booze isn’t the best thing for you calorie wise but really, 10 year college reunions don’t happen every day. I had a double cuba libre before dinner and a pina colada for “dessert”. We got absolutely SOAKED on the way to the martini bar so I needed something to warm me up. A little sweedish berry martini did the trick. The three that followed didn’t hurt either. We had a great night and we closed out the bar.

Somehow, we were able do drag our sorry behinds out of bed to make it to the golden griddle for brunch at 10:30. This was the first time I’ve ever attempted the breakfast buffet there. I have to say I put a good dent in their bacon and their pancakes. A few other breakfast related items suffered my wrath but none so much as the tasty flap jacks which I covered in little mini M&Ms. Needless to say, it filled me up for quite a while.

When it finally was time for dinner, I made some wicked awesome chicken kebabs and only almost stabbed myself three times trying to push the skewers through zucchini pieces. I broiled them due to the crappy weather for 5 minutes, flipping, put more marinade on them and finished off for another 5 minutes. Super tasty light supper filled with veggies. I had some fro yo with peanut butter for a little something different as my snack.

Sadly, I didn’t get onto my elliptical today. It was all I could do to just stay awake after coming home from my adventure with my brother to the soon to be closed blockbuster where I picked up about 16 movies for anywhere between $3.50 and $7.50 each. I originally went to see him to find out what the rattling sound was in my front wheel area. Turns out a few of my nuts were loose so once he torqued them up I was good to go <whew>!

This week will be my best week yet - I can feel it! On the elliptical tomorrow morning and an hour with my trainer at 8. I’ll see her again Tuesday with some cardio after. I’ve had measurements completed every week for the past three weeks. The person each time has been different so they’ve been all over the map. Last week I had an appointment with a girl for my weigh in and she said she’ll be my permanent person. I’m thinking I’ll still get my trainer to do my measurements which I’ll post a new set of start points based on my current weight. That will give me a standard set of measurements to go from again. I’ll ask her to do them one of the two sessions this week and post ’em up!

No comments:

Post a Comment