I’ve had a few slip ups over the past few days. Monday - free lunch at Tasting Room to celebrate a big project wrap up. Tuesday - movies. No popcorn, however two double cheeseburgers may have found themselves in my purse, screaming to be eaten. I should have taken the process involved in getting the burgers as a sign that I wasn’t destined to eat them.
McD’s drive thru was PACKED but we noticed only a few people inside. Apparently that’s not a good measure to judge what the speed of service will be. My receipt read 7:57pm at the time I ordered. Carol got her burgers shortly after I ordered. After many exacerbated looks at the staff I got my burgers and by the time we got into the car it was 8:08ish. I know, under 10 minutes for food but really - it was two double cheeseburgers, no pickles, extra onion. The reason why it seemed like so much time had past is that the movie started at 8:30 so we were watching the clock like crazy. We had to motor over to the theatre, grab tickets then find three seats together. Thankfully we found some and I sat down to hoover my burgers. Chewing seemed unnecessary at this point since I was SO hungry. I also *might* have consumed a small-ish sized bag of sour patch kids.
Turns out what I should have purchased was some chicken soup and throat lozenges.
Today’s delay came in the fact that I wasn’t eating much all day. Whatever I did eat made my stomach feel all gross. I had two ham wraps for lunch, about a half hour apart and other than that I had my apple in the morning after eating my eggs and toast. I had zero appetite. However, around 6:30 when it came time for wings I became a ravenous fiend! Not that I could taste anything very well but I thought a little comfort food to push me through.
Maybe tomorrow will be better. Think happy thoughts for me that this will be a quick and not too painful cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment