Today was so much fun! I was "performing" in a 90's video remake at work so to help look the part, I ventured out to VV Boutique (aka Value Village) last night to see what I could find. One hour and a few picture text consults later I walked out with jean overall capris (from Cotton Ginny), a mock turtle neck, purple sunglasses and a wide brimmed hat to flip up the edge and tack a giant flower on - a la TV's Blossom. I tried my best to pull off some killer 90's sassy "dance" moves while not laughing too hard.
I went to my osteopath after work to get bent, twisted and stretched back into shape. Dinner was a chicken broccoli stir fry thing with rice noodles. After a quick hair brightening session I retired down to the couch to recover from my treatment.
I started getting a little nibbley around 10. I tried to ignore it but I figured if I didn't eat something I'd wake up starving and cranky. The freezer didn't yield anything that I didn't think would keep me up at night. I went back to the couch and noticed the box of saltines that were left behind after having soup for dinner one night a few weeks ago. It made me nostalgic for one of my favourite snacks - saltines with butter and kraft singles. I know - classy. I know some of you might not consider kraft singles to be real cheese (and I won't argue with you) but there's something about the combo that makes me think about being a happy little kid. All I need now is to be rewarded with a jelly bean every time I shut the lid on the toilet and it'll be like 1987 all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment