Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Madarwin?

No, unfortunately it was a Mandarwrong.

We went to the Mandarin for my dad's 65th birthday tonight. I was planning on doing the carving station, veggies and a few tastes of the noodles and taters (I saved a bunch of my points for it just to save, just in case). No amount of points could have prepared me for... the dessert bar.

So many incredible, sweet, chocolicious, waffletastic treats. Two quarters of a waffle loaded with icing sugar and fresh strawberries, three sugar puffs (pretty much sugar coated crullers), two small squares of red velvet cake and a small scoop of vanilla ice cream with crushed up smarties.

I knew it was wrong from the minute I added that first sugar puff to my plate after picking up the waffle quarter but it didn't stop me. I have to figure out how to get past that first few weeks of getting the sugar out of my life. I'm thinking I just have to go cold turkey. Some people say just a little nibble is okay for you, that if you have a little, it might save you from going overboard. The issue I have with that is a little nibble only leaves me wanting more.

I've done it before, I can do it again. There's no secret to it - if I want to get healthier, I need to get my sweet treats from a tree or a bush - as it was found in nature. I think my fortune from dinner sums it up well:

No comments:

Post a Comment