Tonight was our bi-weekly wing night so I planned out my points to allow for my favourite salt and pepper wings (8 of them was about half of my daily point allowance). I changed it up last minute for a nacho plate. I asked for extra veggies and once they arrived I picked out the nachos that didn't have any toppings on them and set them aside so I wasn't wasting belly room on them. I enjoyed them but I still feel full. I guess that's good and bad but it's keeping me away from the Too Tall Red Velvet cake in the freezer.
We stopped off at target on the way home to pick up some new PJ pants for Neil and on the way out I noticed that they had a decent selection of brightly coloured tights. I decided my weigh in day outfit would be the same thing to help ensure at least one thing would be consistent. I decided yesterday that I'd wear my favourite black and white polka dot dress. I decided that a new pair of tights would help bring some zing to my day.
I checked out the label for height/weight sizes and I fell into the 1x/2x range. I was happy to see they had something that would fit me but now I'm concerned that the tights will fit me like most plus sized tights and end up with the waistband by my nipples. I'm not sure what's worse - tights that fit me around the middle but then have a crotch around mid-thigh or ones that fit my leg length but then have enough extra fabric to pull over my head. I know, there are much, much bigger issues in the world, it's just really annoying.
Before I left work today, we got an email letting us know that the retirement party tomorrow is a pizza party. I think I can handle it - I'm going to try to have half a slice of veggie (which in London Life sizes is a normal slice of pizza) and then top up with salad. The last thing I need in my stomach on weigh in day is a bunch of pizza crust. I really want my first week on the plan to have been a success so I think it's worth passing up gorging on a free lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment