This morning was our semi-annual town hall at work at 9am. These are usually go in, sit down, listen/read, go back to work. Today was a little different. I took the stairs up (yay for me) so I walked into a flow of people heading into the auditorium. People were handing out badge things so I snagged one and headed in. It looked like an olympic pass and had a "team" on it. When I looked up I noticed there were people holding up the team names in front of a seating section. I was bobsleigh so I went over and noticed a few familiar faces and settled down next to them.
In front of each section was a table with fruit and a tray full of red velvet cupcakes with little Canadian flags. At first, I was strong. I asked Lori who was in front of me to grab me a few strawberries and pineapple. I lasted just over an hour before I couldn't avoid them any more. After the motivational speaker made us do some stand up sit down thing I asked Lori to hand me one of those tasty cream cheese topped goodies. It didn't matter that it was only 10:15am, I was having it.
I pulled off the bottom half so I can disperse the frosting to cake ratio appropriately only to discover that there was more frosting in the middle too! Mmmmm... I managed to make it through the rest of the meeting but then took one for the road. It was a very short road between the meeting and my cube. So short, I decided it was just a quick return trip back to the auditorium to get another one. I also picked up one some co-workers who didn't make it to the meeting but still, that made my total at three for the day (really, in the span of an hour)
This was almost as epic as the Mandarin fail.
All said and done, I was still down 2.8lbs at my weigh in! YAY! I'm down 7.8 total and I earned my 4 week attendance key chain. It has a little charm on it and each time you get to a milestone you get a new one. I probably won't be around long enough to earn another one but we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping to make it to 10lbs at my next meeting but I don't think that I'll hit my 10% before I'm done with my meetings. I'm okay with that though - slow and steady.
No comments:
Post a Comment