So, I knew I was going to be up from last week. I was maintaining the loss and was even down another one until Monday morning. I was up a smidge, but that, in my mind is acceptable as that much loss is a bit nuts for one week.
I figured if I maintained or even went up one, I'd be okay. When I weighed myself I was up but I gained another pound from the other morning. I could blame cyclical lady part functions for part of it but all I know is that when I went to the meeting she wrote down a 4 in my book.
I barely looked at the weight so I'm not sure if it means I'm up 4, meaning 5lb loss in total or if it means I'm up 5, meaning 4lb loss all together. I don't care to know right now otherwise I'd go check. I put my weight tracker card back in the booklet and Amy and I escaped out the door with just a quick "Not that great" to the leader after she asked how we did. If we were cartoons, you'd have seen our smoke outlines left behind as our motion blurred characters sped away.
We had discussed what we were going to do the night before. I knew I was up and I was getting anxious about having to share at the meeting. I know no one is there to judge you but there was such a fuss made about the loss last week that I was afraid she'd call me out in front of everyone and I'd have to explain myself. Amy was on board with just going to weigh in and then grabbing our groceries.
On one hand, it was good to go, get tracked and reset ourselves for next week and really, 4-5lb loss in two weeks is still a good pace and an accomplishment. On the other, I feel like I was running and hiding a bit. In reality, I'm the only one I'm accountable to in the end. It may be a bit early in the program but I don't feel the meetings are really helpful. Everything being said by the leader and from everyone sharing isn't anything I don't already know. It's not helping me put it into practice but I thought it'd be a good way to start getting back on track.
It's been great having the support of a friend at work going through the same thing and trying to keep me motivated and for me to provide support to her. In fact, we're going to head to the gym on our lunch.
I'm really looking forward to this weekend - new 'do on Friday, Saturday is my first FLX Yoga class followed by skating with Neil at NLOCC and Sunday is Flex and flow with Linda Yo! I'm hoping to keep the eating on track - it's going to be really easy to justify a "treat" after all the calorie burning.
No comments:
Post a Comment