Today was a meh kind of day. I didn't actually fall asleep until well after 1am so it was a bit hard to wake up this morning (it didn't help that it was a Monday). I think it's safe to say that morning workouts are not going to be in my future any time soon. When the sun starts getting up before I do, that's when I might be able to start that routine up again.
Work was standard except for my wrestling with the new printer. I wanted to go all office space on it but I think that might lead to me getting a bit of a write up from HR or possibly send me to therapy.
I decided I was done working at the usual time instead of waiting around for Neil to pick me up. Wrong choice. It was refreshing, however my ears were on fire about a block from his car. Good lord was it nippy out! The entire time I was thinking that since I was ahead of schedule, I'd take a loop around to the corner store to pick up a little treat. I don't know what it was about today but I could not stop thinking about chocolate and candy. I was able to diffuse it momentarily and went directly to Neil's work to wait for him.
All the way home though, I was trying to think about whether or not I have the ingredients to make cookie dough. Not to make cookies, but just to make little dough balls to gnaw on. There are a bunch of recipes for this tasty treat, made egg free and not meant to bake. I've made this in a pinch before when the desire came over me but this time I was able to knock it out by doing some time on the elliptical and then focusing on making some more flowers for the wedding. Idle hands are the devil's playthings, so best keep them busy and out of trouble, right?
Just a quick story about the workout tonight:
I popped the TV on, turned around and hopped on the elliptical. I made it about 1/8 turn around when BANG! I rammed the strider leg into a dining room chair we had in the basement. Crap! I looked up and noticed the two IKEA shelves (fully stocked with DVDs) were starting to tilt towards me, the top shelf's items starting to slide down towards the ground (made me think of this Family Guy clip). I screamed out, jumped off the machine and dove towards the shelves, catching them just in time. I shouted out my obligatory "I'm okay" to Neil but I started laughing hysterically he must have thought I was crying. He bounded down two flights of stairs to make sure I was okay only to shake his head at me and my usual disregard for things around me when I'm on a mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment