Doritos to the left of me, jube jubes to the right, here I am...
Today was a decent day for me at work - planned all my snacks and meals, allowing myself a little breathing room to meet up with a good friend at Qdoba for dinner. I did plan on having two chicken tacos and the naked taco salad (the Craft 2 combo) but I was drawn back in to my chicken quesadilla and nachos with chicken. I went into my weekly "bonus" points but it was worth it.
After dinner I went to Walmart to return something and pick up some buttons for my latest crochet project. Quick in and out, easy peasy. Well, that was the plan anyway.
To get to the buttons, I had to walk through the store - close to the mall exit. While wandering through, I noticed their smart ones frozen meals were on sale. Made a note to grab one or two on the way back through - stayed on target. I had been trying to hold in my two coke zero mixed with lime (equal parts with "regular" coke zero thanks to Qdoba's amazing machine of miracle drinks) so I had to deviate from my original path through the store.
When I made my way back to the centre of the store I went down the aisle that had the horribly tasty goodies. Be strong... don't look them in the eye - they're more afraid of them than they are of you. Success!
Buttons were acquired, frozen meals picked up, into the line I went. Unfortunately for me, there was a giant tub of jube jubes in the 12 items or less corral. I made it past them and successfully got back to my car but not without then sitting in my car, trying to justify going to Bulk Barn just to get a taste of something sweet. Overcame that one.
One last stop to A&W to pick up some hot teen (burgers) for Neil back home. I thought I might pick me up a little tasty treat on my way home for dessert. Gah! I did manage to make it past a Marble Slab, Starbucks, Loblaws, and two Tim Hortons (and managed to not drive past the house and buy my favourite Carnaby Street Jube Jubes).
I don't feel like I'm in withdrawal as I haven't really had a ton of candy over the past few days but its more like now that I really shouldn't be eating it, I want it even more!
I know it will only get better, maybe it will mean I get a gold start sticker at next week's meeting (seriously - she gave away about a dozen of them at the meeting if she thought you did something great... I'm making it my mission to get one).
Good for you for resisting the candy aisle! Next time we go to Qdoba we will get the healthy stuff. Or maybe next time we can meet somewhere with more salad options!
ReplyDeleteProud of you!