Whenever I get called a Yogi, all I can think of is stealing a pic-a-nic basket. It probably wasn't the best place to let my head wander to at the beginning of my friend's yoga class on Sunday but one cannot control tv's influence on their brain.
I arrived in St. Thomas despite the snowy conditions with a small bit of time to spare. It was more snow than the other weekend but the wind was very calm so the drive was actually quite pretty. The class was great because there weren't any crazy transitions I wasn't comfortable with and there were a lot of poses close to the ground so the spins didn't take me down as much as they could have. One of the things I did notice was that when I was on my stomach, the loaner mat had an interesting aroma. By interesting I don't mean good, but it wasn't horrible. It was a bit distracting but that's because I have the attention span of a gnat when I'm left to have entirely my own thoughts.
Despite the mat, it was a great class. Lots of stretches with tons of options to go further or pull it back. I like that vibe where the instructor isn't constantly trying to push you into the next step, just encouraging you to do your best without making it seem like you're being picked on for not stepping up your game. I also liked that there wasn't a crazy amount of meditation at the end. I know, I know - it's not a bad idea to get a meditation practice going but for some reason I can't do it in a room full of people, friends or strangers.
The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. Ran some errands, attempted to complete Lego Pirates of the Caribbean with my bro (we're SO close) while Neil worked on a project for his course. Once it was close to bed time, I felt it was time to finally look up my weigh in results from last week. It turns out I was up 4, which means I'm still down 5. I'm cool with that, especially since more weight has been coming off as I've been keeping the eating in check and getting a bunch of exercise.
Today my dad picked me up from work and treated me to dinner out. Nothing fancy but I had a tasty burger from Harvey's along with a side salad and despite his offer, no onion rings. The hardest thing was to not order those new warm donut things they have going on as we were leaving. I guess it helped that I had a Rheo Thompson mint smoothie waiting for me at home to share with Neil.
No comments:
Post a Comment