Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Step on, step off

Well, that goal didn’t last - I weighed myself this morning. I’ve decided that since there is now just under four weeks till my birthday I’ll do what I have to do to make sure I’m down to my first goal assessed by weight watchers by the time I turn 35. If that means I have to weigh myself every day to help stay on track, that’s what I’ll do. The nice thing is I’m down more from yesterday! Maybe one day I’ll get the courage again to post my weight on the blog. I know it’s not a big deal – it’s just a number, but I think it’s partly because I’m ashamed of what I’ve let myself slide to (again).

Due to my eating Harvey’s for dinner last night, I didn’t exactly have anything planned for lunch today. Thankfully, last time I was in the states I did a major frozen meal purchase. It’s not that it was cheaper, it’s just that their selection is much better than ours. Not just for the weight watchers meals but for pretty much any brand. Add a salad and it’s a nice little meal. Thankfully again, we have a fairly well stocked cafeteria with a salad bar so I grabbed some of my baby spinach and arugula and dressing from the fridge and topped up the greens with some veggies from the bar.

Tonight was breakfast for dinner. It’s been a long time since I’ve done that since it’s not always best served up the next day for lunch. Super yummy, even though it was turkey bacon (sorry, bacon style turkey). It made me think of the episode of Big Bang where Sheldon went on about things not being as they should (this is certainly not reduced pulp, lightly toasted etc) and then got to the margarine and said he definitely doesn’t believe it’s not butter. I didn’t believe it was bacon but it was a acceptable substitute.

Last night I went to my parent’s house to have a visit. Dad offered me a chocolate bar which at the beginning I refused, despite the fact that I had 9 points left to spend for the night. I held strong and refused up until the minute I was about to head out. I asked him what kind of treats he had left, hoping there’d be a coffee crisp in my future. When the answer was caramilk it was an easy refusal – I just had to tell myself there were properly portioned treats at home, waiting for me.
I like to think of it as a victory even though I’d have lost all willpower if he had one of those tasty chocolate covered mocha wafer goodness bars and I ate sweets when I got home. I’ll take the little wins where I can.

NOTE: I wrote this post before I realized I'd have to lose 25lbs to get to their first goal they set for me. I realize that much in a month isn't realistic so I'm going to just try to be really good over the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment