I woke up extraordinarily early this morning. I tried to go back to sleep but no dice. I decided to tone my hair and while I was processing made two flowers. After I rinsed I came down to make our morning shakes and decided today that I would add flax seeds. My spice grinder gave up on me a few months ago so I thought I'd use my ninja to grind them up. Unfortunately it didn't work so I added water for them to plump up and added them in a few minutes later.
I went downstairs to do my hair an noticed I had a flax seed stuck to my stomach. I scratched it off an noticed what I thought was some shake beside it and went to scratch that off too. Turns out, it was a skin tag. Blood started coming out but by that point it was already partially off so I finished taking it off. I should note that I was in my pants and a bra when I was making my shake and doing my hair, the flax didn't penetrate my shirt to stick to my stomach.
The rest of the work day was fairly busy but at least it ended on a high note getting to see a sneak peek of the 90's theme video. Super fun! Neil picked me up and shortly after we got home we headed out for our usual bi-weekly wing night.
We arrived at our usual time to find it to be really packed. We scoped out a table in the back corner and made sure to ask about whether there was an active server back there. Another server confirmed it and so we wandered back there. After a bunch of confusion and a rotation of servers, we got our food about an hour after we ordered. Everyone ordered wings, one perogie order, fries and pickle spears. Nothing that should have taken that long to make and serve. The perogies were overcooked so a manager replaced them and ended up comping them. He also gave us free bowling next time we went.
Due to some confusion, delay in getting our bills etc, we were packing up to go. Some of us heard the manager say all the meals were comped, some of us heard meal so we asked the server to clarify with the manager. Over TEN minutes later, the server still hadn't arrived so we got suited up and slowly moved towards the front to see if we could find our server. We couldn't find her or the manager but spotted them near the door. After more discussion, we found out it was just the birthday girl's meal (who was the one who was screwed on her perogies).
After all that, she was only comped the perogies, not her drink. <sigh>
Even though the service was bad, once I got my food I hoovered it! Eight salt and pepper wings and a small order of fries. I could have done without the fries but I had them on the brain and figured it was just best to have them or else I'd over compensate later.
Tomorrow is weigh in day so I should really have been better but I didn't care! I was really good throughout the day (and the past few days) so every once in a while it's okay to veer off course. Just going to steer back onto the road and hope for a steady, healthy weight loss.
No comments:
Post a Comment