Woke up. Thought about upcoming fresh meat practice.
Ate eggs and turkey bacon while thinking about fresh meat practice.
Drank protein shake, starting to get a bit nervous about fresh meat practice.
Got to fresh meat practice - signed three pages of waivers.
Suited up for fresh meat practice.
Fell lots during fresh meat practice - only on my left ass cheek.
Drove home, trying not put weight on my left ass cheek.
Hot bath ensued.
I've got to say that was one of the most active things I've done in about a year. NLOCC skating can get my heart rate up but add in stopping, falling (both on purpose and not) and squatting and it's a bit more intense. I had trouble staying low but I know in time that will be easier but man did it burn, a little more each time I fell. It felt great and I was surprised how little pain I felt in my knee. I was wearing my brace so that probably helped a bit. I think I'll be going to NLOCC more and work on my skating and stopping (not so much the falling hopefully).
People kept telling me to get down lower throughout practice. What I kept thinking was "Yes, I know I'm supposed to be down lower but that doesn't mean it's going to happen". I relate it much to being overweight - yes, I know I'm how to eat healthy and in proper portions but that doesn't mean it's happening any time soon.
Something that will take some time to get used to will be the aroma of a bunch of sweaty equipment. I know it happens, equipment and people get stinky. I played many types of sports when I was a kid but none of them included wearing equipment. Teaching my class did have a few moments where gloves got a bit strong but it was nothing a few dryer sheets couldn't fix. I can totally get over it since part of it will be my stink. I'm just going to try to find a febreeze free way of taking care of it. I'm thinking spraying some of my 98% rubbing alcohol on it might help kill all those nasty stinky little things growing in my gear.
No comments:
Post a Comment