Thursday, January 16, 2014

Weigh in day!

I popped on to my weight watchers tracker and was alerted (as if I wasn't aware) that it was weigh in day. 


I spent the day carefully planning my food and managed to only have the one slice of veggie pizza as planned I had healthy snacks all afternoon. I even successfully avoided cake and the fake campfire roast marshmallow (the campfire was fake, not the marshmallow).

Amy and I arrived sufficiently early so we could get a seat and not have to wait in line too long to get weighed. She went first so I got to cheer her on her loss. I took my boots off and stepped on...OMMIGOSH! I couldn't believe it! I lost 9 pounds! I got a big fat star from the leader and cheers from my fellow weight watcher peeps. I'm not sure if it was true or not but the leader said she thought it was a record. My next big fat star will be for 10, then my 5% star. I know I won't get one every week but it give me a little goal to work towards.

I'm super proud of Amy too - she got her 5% big fat star (bigger and fatter than mine)!

We left the meeting when they started discussing about "poison" in those water flavour drops. We made a bee line for the sushi cart then wandered around the store picking up our healthy snacks and a pair of tights.

After a snowy drive home I returned home to indulge in a celebratory perfectly measured meal of nachos and vegetable fresh rolls. I may have dipped into a bonus point today but I think it's worth it.

Neil asked me if I'm going to be able to put nine stones in the jar. I'm still trying to figure out my method. I think I might use the weight watchers weigh ins to match to the jar losses. It does mean I'll have to add more stones in my "to go" jar. I think I'd be comfortable doing that so I don't start to go nuts down the road trying to remember the two numbers. I'll still weigh myself at home to keep myself in check throughout the week.

Thanks for reading - stay tuned to see how my derby fresh mean workshop goes on Saturday. I'm finally feeling like I have the time to commit to the sport - now to see if my body will comply.

No comments:

Post a Comment