Today's wake up call came a bit rough, today with a full on "IDONWANNA" when Neil rolled over when my alarm went off. I walked down to see Grumpy in the side pocket of my skate bag. Not sure if I've mentioned this yet but Neil has been moving Grumpy to random places in the house at night while I'm asleep so I can find him somewhere in the morning. I'm never awake enough to look for him, he just sort of pops up. Makes me giggle and my day a bit brighter.
After a struggle to get my pants up (stupid elbow) I managed to get my crap together and head out to work with my new snazzy sling. Work was busy, I felt a little groggy before lunch but the time flew by. I had a nice laugh with my lunch peeps to brighten up my day.
I had a quick visit from a friend who brought me some posters and business cards for her new venture. If you're a plus-sized snazzy-dressing lady in or around London, she's having a trunk show in March. She brought me some posters and business cards for the event and I can't help but get excited about it because both of being a plus-sized lady who wants some fun retro and trendy clothes and that she's taking on this venture.
After work, another friend took me home so we could stop at the supplier to pick up some nail things for her. I got home before Neil and I sat down to see what happened in the world of facebook when I was a work. I caught a faint aroma of sweet from somewhere near my computer. Looking over, I noticed the package of mini eggs I picked up for Neil while searching for the popcorn last night. They were open and just begging to be eaten. I caved and ate a good ten of them. I felt horrible but giddy at the same time. I was able to stop myself but asked Neil to put them somewhere I wouldn't see (or smell) them.
Due to a missed text message I was a bit behind meeting my friend for dinner. We met up at Qdoba where I had the pick two combo but with a naked taco salad with my usual chicken quesadilla. Fresh, tasty and great company - couldn't ask for a better Monday night catch up.
I got home to watch my brother play Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and give him guidance via the walkthrough so we can finish the game and move on to the next one. My arm was feeling crappy so I felt playing the Wii wouldn't be the best option.
The rest of the night was packing up snacks to eat while I'm waiting for the specialist tomorrow. My appointment is at 11:15 and I've been told the wait can be very long. Since it's over the lunch hour, I thought I'd pack a bunch of snacks rather than something in a meal format and something requiring a microwave. I'm thinking they'll have a vending machine in the waiting room so my main goal is avoiding the glowing sugar box of temptation.
No comments:
Post a Comment