Saturday was a blur! I woke up thinking that it was Friday but then when the panic of not being awake in time wore off, I was completely awake. I decided to head in to work a bit earlier than I was intending to but it was better than putting it off. I worked for about three hours then set out on my journey to Chatham.
I thought I should grab something to eat before heading out of town and decided Subway was my better bet than anything else on en route to the highway from work. The one I stopped at had all day breakfast so I had my favourite - egg and ham on flatbread with tomato, spinach and green peppers. SO GOOD! I decided to get a pop for the trip and then began the internal struggle over whether to kick in the extra 75 cents for cookies. I caved and bought them but as soon as I got back into my car I tossed them in the glove box, which is where they stayed until I got home to give them to Neil.
Once I arrived at my friend's house, we did a quick catch up and then headed for the good ol' US of A. It was supposed to be a quick trip but we ended up doing a tour from Detroit up to Port Huron. I was happy with my food decisions of the day - Wendy's for afternoon top up (grilled chicken and a potato) and then Golden Corral for dinner. I thought it'd be a good test for me - to see if I could make it through a buffet with a chocolate fountain making good food choices. I did it! I did consider shoving a brownie in my mouth with my friend was in the washroom but I decided against it at the last minute. I didn't necessarily make the best choices (the fried chicken was way too appealing) but I was happy with myself when I left (other than being a little overstuffed than I should have been).
On Sunday I felt almost hung over. I didn't drink but I think I was a bit overtired and I think my body is still using a lot of it's energy to heal. Neil woke up at 7 to watch the hockey game. I was in and out of consciousness for the first period but then woke up enough to watch the rest of the game from the couch. I went for lunch with my parents then stopped by their house to visit my fur baby.
When I arrived home I took a muscle relaxant. My neck is getting sore from the sling so I thought it'd help taking the edge off. I had a little nap, woke up and made dinner. I took another one around 7:30 and passed out again around 8:30 or so and was out cold for pretty much the end of the night.
Monday I awoke in a fog. I guess I over did it with the relaxants. I was able to get out and get going but had to figure out an outfit that would work with the sling. I ended up with the wrong choice - my velcro kept sticking to it and it was getting quite annoying through the afternoon. I ate well all day and into the evening.
I cut up avocados I picked up last week, smashed them with tomato, onion, cilantro, lemon (was out of lime) and ate it up with some tostitos. I ran out the door to drop off my sling and head to my facial appointment. When I left the mall, I ran into Shoppers to get some toothpaste and Neil's request for life brand sour cream and onion popcorn. They were out so I thought I'd kill some time and check out another one. No dice. I asked a clerk if they had any more and she said it was a seasonal item and that it might be back in the summer but she can't say for sure.
Even though I was walking through the store in search of hidden pockets of popcorn I walked past the carnaby street jube jubes about eight times between the three stores I went searching in. I was incredibly strong and was able to leave without even thinking about it. Okay, I thought about it but then realized it would be a bad idea.
I picked up my sling later in the evening and headed home to prep lunch and snacks for Tuesday. I'm going to try to start doing this in the evening instead of the morning so I can feel a bit less crazy in the morning when coming out of my haze. We'll see how that works out.
No comments:
Post a Comment