Thursday, February 27, 2014

Three hours later...

I'm a huge fan of having a health system that I don't have to pay for. What I am not a fan of is having a system in place where when you have an appointment booked for 11:15am, being seen by a doctor at 2:15 isn't really reasonable.

I was prepared for the wait. The person who booked my appointment told me to expect a wait as did every other person who has been there before who informed me of the wait. I packed a bunch of snacks since it was over the lunch hour and I wouldn't be able to heat up some grub. I made some friends in the waiting room before finally getting called into the back.

The most frustrating part was I had little to know service while waiting while having the TV on CNN the entire time with no closed captioning so I couldn't read what was going on, only the ticker that was looping the same news over and over during my visit. New stupid strong drug could kill you blah blah three parent DNA to make up super babies blah blah blah beard transplants blarghhh.....

Once in the back, I waited a half hour or so, most of the time I was trying to find the break on my arm in the xray open on the computer screen. Turns out what I thought was a break, wasn't. He came in, scrolled through my xrays, pointed out the small crack in my bone, told me the pain in my wrist is common from an elbow break. He said to keep my arm in my sling at work and while out but I can take it off at home if I'm careful. He then showed me some rotations and bends I should be doing over the next four weeks before coming back for a catch up xray and visit.

I believe he was with me for about five minutes, said "well, that was an easy one" and showed me where to go to schedule my follow up. I booked in for four weeks for a first thing in the morning appointment so hopefully I can get in and out in a reasonable time.

Once back to work I tried to set up my workspace to be able to use quick keys without the wrist pain I was developing. My leader suggested I ask occ health if they have anything for me to help so I did and ended up with a new ergonomic keyboard. It's better but if I have to do this for four more weeks, it's going to be cumbersome.

After work was wings (where I had bbq chicken pizza yum) then off to derby to watch the ladies and gents practice. I did some stretching and a few core exercises with another sidelined derby guy (he was lending his gear to a newbie) which made me feel much better. I really wanted to be on skates with them but I know in time I'll be there.

Tomorrow is weigh in day. The final weigh in day with weight watchers. I'm flying solo so I'll have to be sure I make it there. I'm going to enjoy the weight loss that I'm really hoping is going to measured but as of the next day, I'm going to go back to tracking the morning weight, first thing. Whatever the weight is on Saturday morning will be "weight zero". From there, I'll have 50 stones (rocks, not UK weight measurements) in my jar that I'm hoping to lose before the ball drops into 2015.

AWW YEAH! GO ME! ME! ME! ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment