I smashed two things today - my elbow and my starbucks insulated cup. I decided I'd pop out after work to go look for a new cup. I wish I could go look for a new elbow but I think that's a tall order.
Neil decided to come with me so he could run an errand near by and to keep an eye on me. I should probably be offended but it's true, I need to be monitored closer than a two year old and/or a heroin addict. He told me that he would have just dropped me off at Starbucks but he figured I would have snuck over to the dollarama and bought candy. Not only that, but I'd eat the entire package before he got me to hide the evidence. Again, I should have been offended but it's completely true - I probably would have done that, given the chance.
I did have a "smart ones" little ice cream cup when I got home. It's a little treat but I'm not sure if it helped or hindered. I'm currently thinking about how many points I have left today and really, it's zero so I decided to have an apple instead.
Neil's been great helping me with my stupid elbow - he's been keeping my ice packs refreshed and is getting me healthy snacks and water so I don't have to push myself up from the couch. I know that sounds super lazy but I keep forgetting that my arm hurts when I use it to push or pull and I end up in pain. I want it to heal to I get get back to derby.
I was flip flopping on whether to go Wednesday night but after smacking it again I've decided if I can't get my gear on by myself, I shouldn't be training. I'll give it another little bit to heal up so I can head back full force!
No comments:
Post a Comment