Yesterday was a blur. I got home from work, ate and wandered out to derby to watch Fresh Meat practice since I wasn't able to skate. I decided it was time to take some muscle relaxants to see if that would calm my elbow down (and subsequently my neck and shoulders which have been hurting as well). I drove out there and told Neil he might have to drive home depending on how the relaxants kicked in.
I took them about 30 min into the 2 hour practice and went between watching the skills drills and reading my book. I mostly watch to try to watch what the instructor was doing and how she was fixing the other skaters. When it was time to head out I felt pretty good and said I could drive. We got about five minutes away from the track and I just couldn't keep my eyes open. I pulled over and let Neil take it from there. I was surprised how fast I went from alert to drowsy. I've learned my lesson and will just not try to drive after I take them in the future.
We got home and I went immediately to bed. I had a really good sleep - not even waking when Neil came to bed (which I normally do). I woke up feeling fairly refreshed but a little cloudy. The thing that really sucked was that my elbow was throbbing. I could move it around almost fully but the pain was ridiculous compared to the day before.
Ice and pain meds were on rotation today, popping on my sling here and there until it hurt my neck too much. I was super productive despite the dull brain and the arm pain and then went off to weigh in. I'm down 1.5 from last week which is great! I'm going to just keep sticking to my eating right and avoiding the sweets. I do have a bit of sugar here and there but it's mostly from the balsamic vinegar and sugar mix I add to cut up cucumbers.
After two haircuts I was beat. I left my muscle relaxants at work from dialing in a prescription refill and I was contemplating taking some of the seven year old oxycocet from my achilles repair but thought better of it. I'm considering returning them to Shoppers for safe disposal but part of me likes knowing they're there, no matter how old they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment