Sorry I haven't been posting a lot lately. The last few days have been crazy.
Tuesday I worked nearly 12 hours, not getting home till around 9:30pm. There was a highlight of the day - it was sadly Sarah's going away party but happily it was a pizza party! I decided to have two slices (which by LL standards is once lunch portion slice). I took one deluxe and one veggie but they were both loaded with cheese so I think no matter what the toppings are I was in for some calories. I LOVED every moment of it. I even had a little taste of cake and a real can of coke.
Once I got home, I was fairly wired, thinking I'd get up early Wednesday to go into work and get some more work chipped away at. I didn't start to fall asleep till after midnight so I told Neil that I'd just go in with him in the morning since I didn't want to head to my first derby running on empty.
Wednesday was another snowy day so I'm glad I didn't take the bus in. After scraping the frost off the inside of the car I worked a normal day and finished off waiting for Neil to come pick me up so I didn't have to brave the weather.
Half way through the day there was a message on the fresh meat board that practice was off, due to weather. I agreed, as they said, better safe than sorry, but I was so excited to get started I couldn't help but be disappointed.
Neil spent the rest of the day trying to talk me into going to NLOCC for some skating. Eventually I gave in and we packed up and headed eastward. We spent a few hours rolling around with some younger peeps but mostly with some older adults. There were two women that caught my eye. One was a woman who was just going back and forth, dancing to her own vibe in the middle, not really caring what people thought, and also not seeming to care if her dancing was taking her into the path of the skaters following the general flow. The other was a curly haired blond woman wearing leopard jeggings with black legwarmers and a sleeveless black mock turtleneck. She was amazing on her skates but wow, she really was what I think many of the people in the 80's would be wearing out on their Saturday night to the roller rink.
I was making good progress on my crossovers, stops and stability. Getting close to 10pm, I felt good enough to take to the outside where the fast kids get to play. I did a few good laps, then I clipped the boards with my outside wheels and did a 360, smashing my ribs into the boards on the half way point. On the upside, I didn't fall (at all the entire night) but I took that as a flag to stop for the night.
Again, I was spun when I came home but was able to get to sleep before 1am. I slept fairly well but didn't really wake up refreshed. Neil dropped me off at the doctor's office for my monthly shots. Nothing exciting happened there except I watched the new little sucker fish go to town on the air bubble machine fish.
I decided to skip the weigh in tonight so we wouldn't be super rushed to get in and out of the meeting then run home and head immediately out the door again. I'm hoping to go Saturday morning to the colonel talbot location but it'll depend on how I end of sleeping tonight and tomorrow.
Work was business as usual but I couldn't shake the desire for dessert. I popped back up to the caf to but a brownie which instead of my usual annihilation, I used a fork and grabbed pieces of it over the span of a half hour. I decided to walk to Neil but then I got a ride to his parking lot from a coworker who caught up with me at the light.
We got home, had a protein shake then packed up for derby. To be honest, I wasn't in the mood. I took two antihistamine tablets before my shots then was feeling a bit of the effect of the allergens flowing through my body. I was just exhausted between not sleeping a lot and being so go-go-go at work. We left earlier than we probably would if the weather was stable but we were definitely too early. I was almost nodding off in my chair when a familiar face came through the door.
Practice was great - I did things I never thought I'd be doing at my first week at derby. I have to work on strength, stamina as well as NOT looking down at my feet when we're working on skills. I was encouraged by our great trainer for the night.
We had to motor out of there so I could get downtown to get to my tattoo removal appointment. 30 seconds of incredibly searing pain, it was over and we hobbled back to the car to head for our celebratory subway dinner. All in, a great day and night - looking forward to a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment