Thursday, February 27, 2014

It's the final weigh in! do do dooo doooo!

This morning I had an 8:30 doctor's appointment. Everything was normal, the weather was beautiful. I walked out at 8:40 and it was like I stepped out on Hoth. The visibility was poor and the wind was wicked and biting. I scurried to my car and decided underground was the way to go today.

I had a rough day at work (except for a nice catch up lunch with a friend) so it was nice just to leave for the night. I don't normally feel like that about work, I do like my job, it's just been a rough few days, mostly adjusting to how to work in a sling without destroying my neck and back.

I arrived at the RCSS WW meeting, did one last minute run to the washroom, ran into a friend's mum, had a chat then stepped on the scale. Down 1.4lbs! Out with a bang. I managed to lose about 6lbs on weight watchers in total. I'm okay with that. I'm now going to have a day off, not from eating well, just from being so psycho about my weight.

I did a shop to pick up some fruits, veggies and sushi. They were out of my favourite veggie fresh roll things which I was sad about. I at least I saw it coming - on my walk to the washroom I walked past two women cracking open a package each of them. I was hoping there would be at least one left for me, alas, it was not meant to be.

When I arrived home I had to figure out what to make myself for dinner since I was sushi-less. I did a scan through the fridge and decided on philly cheese turkey sandwich. I had some pre-cooked turkey slices from costco, an onion, mushrooms, peppers, thin sliced bread, provolone and St. Hubert's gravy. I sauteed the veggies up in some butter, adding salt and pepper as they softened up and caramelized, tossing in chopped turkey in the end. I then put it on toast, added the cheese and poured some gravy on top. I was quite impressed with myself at my make-shift dinner! I'll enjoy it again at lunch tomorrow.

The rest of the night was taken up by catching up on shows and pondering new derby names for me once I actually get a chance to use one. If you think of any fun ones for me, send 'em along!

No comments:

Post a Comment