Monday, February 3, 2014

There's gold in them there hills

I totally had an "I don't wanna" moment when I woke up today, similar to what most other normal human beings feel on Mondays. I rolled out and started my usual shake, packed lunch and snacks sort of day.

Work has been crazy busy so I motored through a bunch of work, made it through a meeting and got out at just the perfect time to make it to my dentist in Hyde Park for 5pm. On the way, I decided to take Waterloo down to Victoria to try to avoid a mess at Oxford.

When I got stuck at the light at Vic and Richmond, I saw a red SUV coming up behind me, but WAY over to the opposite lane side. She eventually ended up almost directly behind me but offset enough that she was visible smack dead in the middle of my side view mirror.

She was just going at something in her nose! Digging for gold, if you will. Dig, dig, dig... stick finger in mouth. Dig, dig, dig... suck finger. She went on for the minute or so when the light finally turned and I moved along, giggling as I turned onto Richmond. Helped me get in a better mood which was needed because of the pending doom at the dentist.

After my laser gum treatment (ugh), I got home and walked downstairs. Once I was a few stairs into my journey downstairs and yikes... my left knee did a wonk, dip, pop sort of thing. I've been icing it all night to see if I can keep the swelling at bay for Wednesday.

As I noted in my status today, the next seven days are going to be full of amazing things, wrapping up with my 35th birthday next Monday. Derby is going down on Saturday at the Agriplex - if you're free please come cheer on the derby girls and maybe have a drink with me (after I finish my volunteering, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment