Monday, February 17, 2014

Hi - my name is Cat and I'm a sugarholic

I've been trying to be good all weekend but failing. When I needed a sugar fix Saturday and Sunday I'd eat a spoonful of leftover icing instead of an apple or a bunch of cucumber slices. I finally tossed the icing last night to stop the madness.

Today, I thought I'd be really good. Eggs and toast for breakfast, pineapple and apple pieces for a snack. Fish and corn for lunch (I was feeling super lazy), set out some fruit to thaw with yogurt for an afternoon sack. I then did 45 min on the elliptical (nothing hard core, just a good light round of cardio). When I came upstairs to eat my yogurt and instead I ate a spoonful of hot chocolate powder. A tablespoon, no "just a taste" teaspoon for this sugar mama. I think that Neil should have taken my picture with a note that read "When my fiancee is upstairs, I eat spoon fulls of hot chocolate powder"

On the upside - I exercised (twice), the downside being I don't think I burned the amount of calories I took in from my "treats".

I honestly think I'm addicted to sugar. I think about it and crave it much too often to be normal. I was able to get it out of my diet a few years ago. Once I got past the initial month, it wasn't that big of a deal. It's just getting past the first month that was so hard.

I really do have to make a lifestyle change. I know I've said that a bunch of times before but sitting on the couch eating bon bons isn't going to make anything positive happen. Derby is going to help get me out twice a week and when Neil starts working late in March and April, I'm planning on allowing that time for weight training and cardio before he picks me up. Not that I get to be lazy for the next two weeks, I just can see the light at the end of this funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment