Today's plan was supposed to be:
Work; do 2 hair cuts; hang with friend
Then it morphed into:
Work; do 2 hair cuts; do overtime
What it ended up being was:
Work; run to Service Ontario to get sticker (and leave without one); do 2 hair cuts; e-test; overtime.
Ugh. So, I remember posting something when I got my notice regarding my sticker renewal last year about how I should be proactive and get it done but if history repeats itself I'd wait till the last minute. I was not off from that prediction, even though I mentioned to Neil numerous times over the past two weeks I really needed to get it done.
Since I had lunch and dinner plans yesterday, it wasn't in the cards to leave work to get my sticker on my lunch. I decided today would be the day and I'd go at the end of my work day, walking back to meet Neil for a ride home. I was in a meeting that ran a bit over when I would normally leave work but I did the math and decided it'd be worth the risk of it being closed when I got there.
I moved as fast as I could considering the temperature and the not completely plowed sidewalks. I got there with plenty of time to spare. While in line I noticed their new posters were pretty nice. One of them even reminded me that I could get my sticker online - even up to the end of my birthday - and they'd give me something to print in case I got pulled over.
I got up to line and a nice woman re-printed my form, as I'd misplaced it. She reprinted it and asked if I knew I had to get an e-test. Mother. Effer. I was so frustrated because I swore that I looked up, down and sideways at my mailer just to make sure I didn't need one. I left, defeated, to meet up for my ride home, all the while planning my new plan of attack to get everything done with minimal risk of getting a ticket.
I called crappy tire as soon as I got home to see about making an appointment. They said they could squeeze me in tonight so I told them I'd be in around 7. I finished up my cuts early (not due to my lack of attention to each client, just because the second one was early) and headed out to the shop. When I arrived, there was one person paying and there were no more cars left in the garage and a mechanic was waiting at the counter with the service advisor, waiting to do something. They told me 20 minutes and true to their word, that's what it took.
I passed with flying colours, came back home to get Neil's car to take back into work (just in case). I got home just in time to write my post and head to bed.
Tomorrow I'll try the 4:30 jet out the door to the Bell building to get my sticker. I hope you all learn something from this - I'm sure I think that I did but we'll see what happens come next January.
No comments:
Post a Comment