Friday, February 7, 2014

Let the birthday weekend begin!

Today at work was kind of bummy. I came in to a bunch of emails that were outside of my scope of work I had planned on my "to-do" list. I trudged through, but alas, didn't get through nearly as much as I had hoped. I decided around 2pm that my pre-birthday weekend started tonight and we were going to have cupcakes and costco hotdogs for dinner. Okay, technically hotdogs for dinner and cupcakes for dessert but I'd take them in either order.

My friend stopped by on her way out to see if I wanted a lift home instead of waiting for Neil. I happily accepted and we motored out to her car.

I asked her if she minded if we stopped for cupcakes from Razzle Dazzle - my favourite cupcake place in London (and probably the planet). Unfortunately there weren't any flavours there she liked but I picked up some treats for Neil and myself. After a quick detour to her place she dropped me off.

I basically walked in, grabbed grocery bags, and walked out. I went to bulk barn to pick up fixins to make cupcakes for tomorrow. I did pick up about a 1/3 cup of sour patch fruit, just because. I don't know why I keep doing it. I eat them and then feel gross. I really should just buy five little sweets and realize that's my limit, maybe I'll try that next time.

Costco was incredibly efficient today. No wandering families and only a limited number of slow downs at the sample tables. I made a bee line to the dairy case to grab milk and noticed something new in there. I took a closer look and noticed that it was 2kg of yogurt! I have some every day with frozen fruit in it so it seemed like a no brainer to pick it up in the squeezie tube thing.


After dinner I got a text from my friend asking how big my head was because she wanted to craft me a birthday head piece. When I sat back to reach over for a piece of yarn to measure with (and compare to a ruler) I knocked an entire glass of pop over and across the dining room floor. Many kitchen and paper towels later, it was cleaned up but I didn't have time to mop before heading out. 

I did the best I could then took off to meet some friends at the Sears Outlet. I wanted to find some derby shirts (long, not too fitted but not too loose) or something close enough to a derby shirt that I could manipulate to work. We wandered around for a bit and found nothing. What we did find, were cheap chocolate and this:
1997 People Puzzler book... It's full of the crossword puzzles from a year's worth of people magazines. Neil's comment was that it seemed overpriced for what it is. I think it's going to be fun.

I stopped by the LCBO on the way home to pick up a few bottles of sangria to enjoy over my birthday weekend. I'd been out since Christmas so I thought I'd take the opportunity to stock up.

Once I got home I gave the floor a good cleaning and then started on my mint chocolate cupcakes. I baked a peppermint patty into a few of them, just for fun. We watched the opening ceremonies on and off while doing other things. I have to get to bed shortly so I can get up to go in for overtime tomorrow. I wish I didn't have to but my sanity is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment