As a treat for Neil I decided to pick him up a piece of London Life carrot cake. I picked it up at the cafeteria before lunch and put it in a "to go" box. I scraped the extra frosting in the box - every last bit I could. Instead of licking the plate, I licked the knife I used to scrape it.
On the way back to my cube, I was informed there were treats on first near the other part of our team. Even half way through the day, I couldn't believe the amount of treats that were still kicking around. There were a bunch of things left but what caught my eye were come cookies. Two left... hmmm.. will I have to take one of the two buddies who were with me so I could have one? They're distracted by the clusters of something or other. Sweet. Mine.
I made it back to my desk and broke the cookie in half. I ate (not devoured) it and enjoyed it. I decided to give the other half to my buddy who I occasionally use to help me "take care" of extra baked goods.
About two o'clock I turned around to get my phone from my top drawer and glanced at the box. It was sort of like the briefcase in pulp fiction. Do I dare open it to have a glance? If I had, I'm sure my expression would have been similar to John Travolta's face when he looked inside? No... I decided I would be strong and not dangle the carrot (cake) in front of this donkey's nose.
The end of the day rolled in and I packed the little white box of joy into my backpack. It made it home in one piece thanks to Amy's superb driving skills.
I had a nice dinner of pot roast, broccoli and rice, washing it down with a bottle of real coca cola. Mmmm... no coke zero or pepsi max can ever replace that sweet, bubbly drink.
Neil enjoyed his snack before dinner and even though I was hungry, I didn't take a bite when he offered it to me. I'm feeling better about my sugar cravings. Did I look at a piece of pineapple and wish it were a jube jube today? Yes, in fact I did, but I got over it and reminded myself how good real food is with every further piece of pineapple I ate.
Tomorrow I think I'll take another day off from obsessing, mostly because my weight watchers membership is over and I can't be bothered to re-enrol for the online portion tonight.
Neil and I are heading to the states to do a quick shop so we'll probably grab breakfast and lunch on the go but I think I'll be able to keep it healthy - no golden corral this trip for this girl. On Sunday, though... I go all single white female on this diet. Hopefully no one will be stabbed in the eye with a high heeled shoe.
No comments:
Post a Comment