Last night, just before I went to bed, I signed up for weight watchers online. It's about a third of what the cost of the meetings. I've come out with one less point than what I had at the last week but I can work with it.
I woke up full of vigor for the new day. I showered and popped onto my lappie to check the weather and road conditions. Could be a little snowy but overall, good to go. Breakfast shakes... check. American money... check. Snacks for the road... check. Passports... check. Hmm... Neil's looked a little more worn that I remember it. I took a peek in to the worse looking of the two. Mother <deleted expletive>! Turns out when my friend put "my" passport back into my purse she put hers in instead. GAH!
Despite it being 8:45am on a Saturday I gave her call. She double checked "hers" and verified it was mine. She said she was coming to London today, unfortunately not in enough time for what my day's plans were. I asked her to put it into a baggie and leave it in her mailbox.
Neil and I set off towards Chatham and had some good chats about what we were going to pick up and various other things. The switch went off without a hitch and we were on our way north Sarnia. After a scenic tour of chemical valley we made a fast trip over and searched out what wonders our Amazon deliveries had for us.
I found some goodies around the shops we stopped at - one being microwave smart pop kettle corn. I don't normally go for "diet" food anymore but I looked at the label and it didn't seem horrible, they just don't put as much of the stuff on it (or so I think from the label). I know, I know... it's better just to make my own with the ingredients I know, but sometimes you just gotta be bad. Please don't lay into me about all the oses and words with lots of x's.
We stopped at Subway for a late lunch and started on our way home. It wasn't too bad of a drive but the mist/rain was hitting the windshield and freezing into a sheet of ice. I had the heat cranked to the windshield to try to keep it from making a layer through which I couldn't see without slouching. It was almost as hot as a hot yoga class (and possibly hotter). I was melting but I looked over at Neil and he looked like he had heat stroke! I wish I could have turned it off but I wouldn't have been able to see. Even my "frost eating" windshield washer fluid was freezing pink to my car. We had to pull over and scrape it off to save ourselves from turning into raisins.
Neil offered to get out and scrape it. I was all "Awwww, that's so sweet" at the time but when I got home, I realized he was probably just trying to get out to cool off and escape the sauna. I asked him later and he honestly said that he didn't want me to use my bad arm. He's been a super great guy with my injury (and life in general) so I believe him.
The rest of the ride was uneventful but the ice came back here and there but I had to crank the sauna back up about 15 minutes later so we could get back home safe. I was exhausted when we arrived so I decided not to go into work - I'll do that tomorrow while Neil is skating. I took a trip out to visit my parents and my fur baby and came home, armed with some tasty Wendy's for our dinner.
We spent the rest of the night snuggled up warm on the couch going back and forth between House of Cards and The Inbetweeners to keep our (well, my) psyche from becoming destroyed. I did have a few glasses of wine, which did add to my points but hey, I have a bunch of bonus points to burn through for the week so they'll hopefully even out with a loss next Saturday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment