I'm totally pumped. I'm heading to Montreal on April 25th to cheer on the Lunch Ladies and the Thames Fatales compete in Beast of the East - the annual tourney for home teams. I've haven't been to Montreal in ages and I haven't spent longer than a few hours in the city and all but one I've been there alone.
This time I'm heading up with my brother and some super fun derby peeps and staying in the same place as the teams. It's a 2.5km from Schwartz' and about 1km from old Montreal. As much as I'm going to love watching derby (and actually getting to cheer and drink while doing so) I'm also really excited to go explore the area.
Tonight after work my parents picked me up and we went to Harvey's for dinner. I noticed that they had a new menu item - funnel cake fries. Oh my... I sent a text to Neil to inform him of this fact, partially because I wanted him to be proud of me for not having any. He sent a note back asking me to get him some! WHAT?! No "You don't need them anyway" text back, he actually wanted me to order them and bring them to him! I added them to the order when my parents and I were done eating and packed them up to bring him them home for diner.
I confronted him about his jerk move when I got home. He was really confused as to why I was mad until I explained to him that they were a dessert. He thought what I meant was they had a fancy new kind of french fry, not that it was a dessert fry. Sheesh. This has made me decide that on my next cheat day I should roll down to East Side Mario/s and get me some actual funnel cake, well as real as you can get outside of the fair or Victoria park during festival season.
After settling in to the couch, I picked up my crocheting since I haven't done any work on my newest project since breaking myself. It was okay but starting to get a bit sore so I stopped after one circle. I got up, did my squats then nestled back in to watch the Po Bros marathon that was happening on W.
I'm taking off to bed early. It's almost backwards from what daylight savings is supposed to do. I've been waking up at 6:15 instead of 7:15 and I've been getting tired at 10pm... I should be taking advantage of the early rise but I end up laying in bed going "What the hell? Why am I awake so early?!" Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to wake up to my alarm tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment