Saturday, March 15, 2014

Roid rage

I woke up to a nice, bright shiny morning, only after having a freaky dream about cutting famous peeps hair and potentially doing one topless <cough> Scott McGillivray <cough>. Man, those pain killers really do mess with your noggin but they definitely take the edge off of what ails ya! Me thinks I'll be taking another dose tonight.

I watched the first few minutes of the Team Canada game at the Men's Derby World Cup then I had to take off for some blood work. I've been concerned about my thyroid for quite some time but I'm even more concerned since as hard as I work to lose weight even the minute addition of calories to my diet makes me gain weight. From what I understand, 3500(ish) additional calories of what you burn to gain weight. I gained 2.4 lbs since last Saturday. I know there are many factors at play, water retention etc, but I don't believe I ate that many calories extra last week, especially since I did so much exercise. I'm hoping that getting the full thyroid panel done will help figure out if there's anything working too hard or not hard enough, and then try to sort out what might be done about it.

I'm not discouraged - old me would have said eff it, you're up, what's the point, eat what you want but new me powered through it and ate a sensible set of meals and did my cardio and squats after work. Yes, yet another weekend at work but it does end up with some positives for me. I get a lot of work done in less time since I'm not fielding emails, phone calls and going to meetings Another bonus is that I go in dressed for working out so when I'm done, I go to the gym. Even better, if I time it right, I pick up Gozen for dinner on my way home.

Neil and I happily ate our bento boxes (Neil and I trade so he gets extra california rolls and miso soup, I get extra dumplings and salad) while catching up on Modern Family. We chilled out to digest and then went to the mall to check out The Gap's friends and family sale. I only spent $15 on a pair of EXTREMELY comfy workkout / lounge pants.

My brother came over when we got home so that we could play Lego Marvel. I love that we get to break Lego buildings apart without the pain of stepping on all the little pieces.

Tomorrow will be a nice rest day - wake up to watch Team Canada and USA play each other, then head out to my very first Scentsy party. I'm curious to see what's available for de-stinking derby gear, in preparation for my return to derby (hopefully some day soon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment